St. Philip Neri Catholic Parish

1325 KLINERD ROAD, PENNSBURG, PENNSYLVANIA 18073

HISTORICAL TIMELINE

OCTOBER 8, 1919

East Greenville Parish Canonically established with Green Lane as a mission church

MARCH, 1921

Ground purchased at Sixth & Main Streets, East Greenville for Church

OCTOBER 28, 1925 Rev. John N. Wachter is transferred to Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Church in Hillton, PA 1927 Land for Holy Cross Cemetery is purchased OCTOBER 28, 1928 Holy Cross Cemetery, Pennsburg is blessed JUNE 30, 1935 The first Altar & Rosary Society is formed 1950 Cornerstone is laid for school and convent MARCH 3, 1962 Rev. Andrew P. Brown is appointed Pastor, he served for 24 years 1964 Mr. & Mrs. Martin Katrinak donate 23 ½ acres to St. Philip Neri Parish on Klinerd Road in Upper Hanover Township APRIL 28, 1968 Last Mass at Church of the Visitation JUNE 15, 1968 First Mass and dedication of new St. Philip Neri Church 1986 Building appeal is started to construct a multipurpose hall & Rectory (which will include a Chapel) OCTOBER 28, 1990 Parish Rectory, Chapel and Social Hall dedicated JUNE, 1996 Rev. John Scarcia is appointed Pastor; he served for 9 years & 7 months NOVEMBER, 1999 Deacon Michael Franks assigned as Permanent Deacon, began his duties the weekend before Thanksgiving 2007 East Greenville Church Building is renovated and becomes the Neri Center. 2007 Original stained glass windows found during renovations at the Neri Center are installed in the vestibule of the Church. JULY 4, 2010 Dedication & Blessing of the Outside Stations of the Cross by Justin Cardinal Rigali. JUNE 12, 2012 Mark Meinzer is appointed as a Permanent Deacon SEPTEMBER 8, 2013 The Chapel is dedicated to St. Anne OCTOBER 26, 2014 The Catholic Family Life Center, located in the former school building, is dedicated and blessed by Father Roncase
OCTOBER 9, 1919

Rev. John W. Wachter appointed Pastor, he served for six years

1919

New Chapel built in Green Lane called Church of the Visitation

DECEMBER 3, 1922

Cornerstone laid for church in East Greenville

OCTOBER 28, 1925 Rev. Leo J. Letterhouse is appointed Pastor, he served for 37 years. 1930 An addition to the Church of the Visitation is built MARCH, 1935 The first Holy Name Society is formed SEPTEMBER 5, 1951 School opens for classes DECEMBER 7, 1961 Rev. Leo J. Letterhouse dies at the rectory APRIL 17, 1966 Ground breaking for the new St. Philip Neri Church MARCH 15, 1968 Last Mass (11 am) at the East Greenville Church APRIL 6, 1974 Church of the Visitation is removed JUNE, 1985 Father Brown retires JUNE 1, 1985 Rev. John P. Gallagher is appointed Pastor, he served for eight years JUNE, 1993 Father Gallagher is transferred JUNE, 1993 Rev. Edmund Speitel is appointed Pastor, he served for three years. JUNE, 1996 Father Speitel retires JANUARY 30, 2006 Father John Scarcia retires FEBRUARY 1, 2006 Rev. Robert A. Roncase is appointed Parochial Administrator NOVEMBER 18, 2006 Rev. Robert A. Roncase is appointed Pastor MAY 26, 2009 Blessing of the Mosaic and Shrine for the Enthronement of the St Philip Neri Relic by Bishop Daniel Thomas. NOVEMBER 22, 2011 Blessing of the Shrine at Holy Cross Cemetery by Bishop John McIntyre JUNE, 2012 St. Philip Neri Elementary School which opened in 1951 is closed JULY 26, 2014 Father Roncase gives the parish a First Class Relic of St. Anne to be placed in the Chapel. NOVEMBER 11, 2014 A Statue of St. Philip Neri is added to complete the renovations to the exterior of the front of the church

Clergy and Staff

History of the Parish

Parish Council & Finance Committee

ABOUT US

Life of a Saint: St. Philip Neri

Mass Times, Confession, Bulletin Archives, Baptisms, Marriages, Adoration and more.

Church Information

Historical Timeline

Parish Outreach

Follow Us:

ABOUT US

We, the faithful of Saint Philip Neri Catholic Church, in communion with our Holy Father, shepherd of the universal Church, and our Archbishop, shepherd of the Church in Philadelphia, proclaim to everyone the Good News that Jesus Christ is the Light of the world, who offers to all who follow him the light of life.

 

Read more...

MASS TIMES

Saturday Vigil: 5:00 PM

Sunday: 7:30 AM and 10:00 AM

Daily Mass - Mondays at 5:00 PM, Tue.-Fri. at 8:00 AM, Sat. at 9:00 AM

Read more...

GO TO MOBILE SITE

RESOURCES & LINKS

Life of a Saint:

Learn more about St. Philip Neri

"Saint of a Joyful Heart."

Rectory Address: 1325 Klinerd Road, Pennsburg, PA 18073

Office Hours: Monday - Friday 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM